Thursday, January 7, 2010

Peppermint Apron

The challenge was to make an apron with a peppermint candy theme. 


I used  The Short Stack pattern by the Paisley Pincushion, which was a new pattern company to me, that I found at the Flying Geese Quilters Guild quilt show I went to last November with my mom. I think the apron turned out really nice, even though I didn't bother with the pockets.



Cute apron ties! (I know that's what you were thinking, huh!) What you might not be able to tell from the photo is the amount of trouble that Holiday Cheer fabric gave me. No matter how I placed the pattern piece, one of those ties was going to come out with upside down words. The only remedy was to go back to JoAnns and buy more fabric, which I opted not to do. I can read upside down words--I'm talented like that.



Modeling aprons--not my daughter's favorite thing to do.
One of the many things I learned from this project--half aprons are not my friend. Hence the 19-year-old (skinny) model.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog~ forgive a maybe silly question but what is the "next blog" game?
    Nice apron, sometimes directional prints do not like to cooperate :)

    ReplyDelete